Friday, February 19, 2010

Hippe Chick Flower Power Quilt

Good Evening Friends,

I have been working on a quilt for Gouda, for the past couple of weeks or so.  It's actually a pretty easy pattern and currently my favorite.  I found the pattern on Amy Butler Design it's called Lotus Brick Path Quilt.  Amy Butler has beautiful fabrics, I really dig her style, very funky, using florals, stripes and damask in unusual ways. If you haven't already definitely check out her website!

So I got the bright idea to re-do Gouda's room.  Now friends, this room is usually a disaster zone.  We only have 1 child, but I swear her room usually looks like 30 kids live and play in there.  I used to get all worked up over it, but now I just roll with the punches and try not to look at it as I walk by on my way to the man cave.  Anyway I said that this room usually looks like a disaster zone, but last Sunday ( a glorious snow day, with a hill right outside, just beckoning to Gouda to slide down it) we cleaned it from top to bottom for over 3 hours!  Now I don't want you to get the idea that I actually cleaned anything, I am a firm believer in cleaning up your own mess, so my job was to sit on the bed and point at what needed to be cleaned.  Oh and I also held the trash bags so they wouldn't fall over, all the while watching HGTV.  We took 3 lawn and garden size trash bags down to the dump.  It was unbelievable, especially since we just moved into this house less than 6 months ago.  Sadly I realized that my daughter is a pack rat and should be on that show Hoarders!

Back to the room re-do, when we moved in we painted the walls a light pink.  I am fairly confident that we will keep this color but I am open to any suggestions.  I have recently found some peace sign art at HomeGoods/TJ Maxx.  I am thinking about asking my friend Cleats (she used to play Soccer) if she can design something like the peace signs for me.  If not I may try with scrapbooking paper, before I break down and buy them.  We are going to be purchasing new bedroom furniture from Ikea (the only set we found that all three of us agree on), so in the below pictures ignore the gross old furniture.

So on to the pictures:

 
This should give you an idea about the wall color.  Also excuse the crooked pictures, in an effort to let go and not be so anal, I allowed Gouda to hang her own pictures 
when we moved in.  Yep, you got it, they drive me nuts!


Here is the one of the not so groudy furniture pieces, that we will be replacing.  
The drawers don't actually work anymore, they are now just for decoration!


This is the quilt.  It's only about half way finished.  The colors are browns, pinks, limes, teals, oranges and purples.  I have named it Hippie Chick Flower Power.  This quilt is loud, bright, down to earth and full of love, just like my Gouda.  This picture is taken with the flash.

 
Without flash, so that you can get more of a feel for the actually colors in the quilt.  I will 
post pictures once it is completed. I will also post pictures of Gouda's dungeon,  room once it is completed.


Musings Happen,

JennyKaye

No comments:

Post a Comment