Sunday, June 13, 2010

Curls For Gouda

Gouda just refuses to have anything normal.  She likes to challenge me in everything creative.  Which in all honesty I appreciate.  Because usually in the end, I have completed something that I am really proud of, this scarf is one such thing. 

As you all know I am new to crocheting, but unlike most newbies I don't know my limitations, I am willing to jump in feet first.  Luckily with crocheting, if you mess up, it's a whole lot easier to pull out stitches, then it is in sewing.  While we were in the hospital, I tried to keep busy, so I handed Gouda, one of my pattern books, and told her to pick out a scarf, well she picked out the curly scarf.  At first glance, I thought that it was going to be harder than it really was.  I stitched up this scarf, in about a day and a half and I only had to pull out stitches twice! WOOHOO!

The yarn I used was Caron Simply Soft in Baby Pink


Musings Happen,
JennyKaye

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is but I like it. It looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaljen! It's actually a scarf. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete