Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NOTD

Hey Ya'll.

My camera is acting kind of wonky, so I wanted to go ahead and post these pictures, before I lose them.  I am trying to find a dupe for Rescue Beauty Lounge's Bangin.

I don't know why I am so obsessed with this color, it's beautiful but as a friend recently pointed out, it's RED.  While I don't have many reds in my collection, I do have a few, so I set about trying to find a dupe.  Because I don't have Bangin' I can only go by the pictures that I have seen on Make Up Alley.  I think that Nubar Rosebarry may be close, but not a dead on dupe.  I may have to make myself happy with the Nubar, because after all Bangin' is just red and $18.00.  I need to keep reciting this.......

Here's my attempt at finding a dupe.


This is 2 coats of Nubar Rosebarry and 1 coat of OPI Calendar Girl 
(which is very, very sheer)

I know that Bangin' doesn't have any shimmer, but I really like Calendar Girl and thought of it as I was finishing up my mani.


 
A picture to show you the sheer-ness of Calendar Girl.


Musings Happen,

JennyKaye

3 comments:

  1. Jenn, both nubar and the opi look the same to me and both are just gorgeous on you! Banging is just too much $$$ for a red polish. I only buy RBL's unique colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!! Don't know if this is a dupe or not, but I do love Reds and even I passed on it because it seemed to pull to orangey for me. As for your adaptatioin of making your own version of it - if you like, then wear it like a rockstar!! Rock with it, Roll with it!! At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is YOU! Great color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the best!. Thanks RM for letting me know about the possible OPI dupe.

    ReplyDelete